At Kawasaki Motors Europe N.V. (“KME”) we intend to give you as muchcontrol as possible over your personal information. When you visit any of ourwebsites we may need to collect personal information from you.
KME does not collect any special categories of personal data about you (thisincludes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs,sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership,information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do wecollect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of acontract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested,we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter intowith you (for example, to provide you with products or services). In this case,we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notifyyou if this is the case at the time.
KME websites may contain links to other websites. KME is not responsible forthe privacy notices or the content of such websites even if:
- you accessed the third party website using links from our website;
- or you linked to our website from a third party website.
KME recommends that you check the notices of each site you visit andcontact the owner or operator of such website if you have any concerns orquestions
2. Who is responsible for the personal information collected on KME’s websites?
KME controls the personal data collected on KME’s websites (including, butnot limited to, Club Kawasaki, Test Ride, and our consumer website).Therefore for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and, when itcomes into force, the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679)(“GDPR”) and all successor legislation to the Data Protection Act 1998 andthe GDPR (the “Data Protection Legislation”), KME is the controller of thedata you have provided or we have collected.
3. How will your personal information be used?
The personal data KME may collect during your use of KME’s websites maybe used in order to:
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and KME, including to:
- register you as a new customer;
- respond to queries or requests submitted by you;
- process orders or applications submitted by you, including to manage payments, fees and charges;
- administer or otherwise carry out our obligations in relation to any agreement you have with us;
- anticipate and resolve problems with any goods or services supplied to you;
- to enable you to take part in a prize draw or competition;
- to comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject; or
- where it is necessary for our or a third party’s legitimate interests (except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms) which may include to:
- carry out market research and track sales data to study how customers use our products and how to improve our websites, products and businesses;
- ask you from time to time if you would like to take part in one ofour surveys or leave a review to enable us to create products orservices that may meet your needs and to study how customersuse our services;
- carry out administration and protection of our websites includingtroubleshooting, data analysis, system maintenance and supportin order to run and protect our business and IT services and toprevent fraud;
- deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you andmeasure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising weserve to you. This helps us study how customers use our websitesand our products; and/or
- make suggestions and recommendations about goods or servicesthat may be of interest to you in order to develop our products andgrow our businesses.
From time to time, KME may like to use the personal information you supply tous to inform you about our products and services that may be of interest toyou, which may include contacting you by email. You will only receive suchcommunications from KME if you have requested information from us orpurchased products or services from us and in each case you have not optedout of receiving such marketing communications.
We may also wish to give your personal information to KME affiliate officesand companies, which may be located inside or outside the EuropeanEconomic Area (“EEA”) (subject to the below limitations relating to transfers ofpersonal information outside the EEA), to enable them to send you information which may be of interest to you. We will only do so where we haveyour express opt-in consent.
If at any time you wish KME or any third parties to stop sending you marketingcommunications, please let us know by logging on to www.kawasakipermissions.co.ukto update your personal settings. Where you opt out ofreceiving these messages, KME will stop the use of your information for suchpurposes as soon as it is reasonably possible to do so.
KME will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collectedit, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reasonand that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get anexplanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible withthe original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notifyyou and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledgeor consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required orpermitted by law.
4. Will your data be transferred to third parties?
We may have to share your personal information with certain third parties forthe purposes set out in paragraph 3 above, which may include:
- KME affiliate offices and companies;
- our outsourced managed information technology providers;
- professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers based in the UK;
- regulators and other authorities who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances;
- fraud prevention agencies; and
- partners providing Kawasaki Insurance, Kawasaki Assist, Security & Financial Services
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and totreat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow such third parties to useyour personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to processyour personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with ourinstructions.
As part of the products and services offered to you through our websites, thepersonal information you provide to us may need to be transferred tocountries outside of the EEA for the purposes set out in paragraph 3 above.By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers are from time totime located in a country outside of the EEA or one of our service providers islocated in a country outside of the EEA.
KME will only transfer your personal information outside of the EEA whereKME has a valid legal basis for doing so, for example where KME hasobtained your express consent or where the transfer is necessary for theperformance of a contract. If KME intends to transfer your information outsideof the EEA in this way, KME will take steps to ensure that your privacy rightscontinue to be protected and will ensure that at least one of the followingadequate safeguards are in place:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have beendeemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data bythe European Commission.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contractsapproved by the European Commission which give personal data thesame protection it has in Europe.
- Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to themif they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to providesimilar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and theUS.
5. Data security
KME has put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personaldata from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way,altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to thoseemployees, agents, contractors and other third parties who need to accesssuch data for the purpose for which it was collected. They will only processyour personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty ofconfidentiality.
However, the transmission of information via the internet is never completelysecure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannotguarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission isat your own risk.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal databreach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where weare legally required to do so.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as is necessary tocarry out the purpose for which it was collected, including for the purposes ofsatisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we considerthe amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk ofharm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposesfor which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve thosepurposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it canno longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in whichcase we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
KME may store some information (commonly known as a "cookie") on yourcomputer when you look at our websites. KME is able to read these cookiesfor information purposes when you revisit our websites. The type ofinformation KME collects as a result of a cookie being accepted by you isspecific to your computer and includes the IP address, the date and time thecomputer visited the websites, what parts of our website were looked at andwhether the web pages requested were delivered successfully.
KME uses the cookie information to improve our knowledge of the use of ourwebsite and to enable us to be able to ascertain whether the website isoperating at an optimal level. This allows KME to enhance our web offeringsto you and to provide an enjoyable and an innovative online experience.
Generally you can restrict, block or delete the cookies which are set by anywebsites by changing your internet browser settings.
However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (includingessential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our websites.
If you delete cookies relating to KME’s websites we will not remember thingsabout you, including your cookie preferences, and you will be treated as afirst-time visitor next time you visit our websites.
8. Which are your rights regarding the personal information you haveprovided to KME?
Under the applicable Data Protection Legislation you have several rightsregarding the use of your personal data which KME respects and does itsutmost to guarantee, including the following:
- where you have provided your consent to the processing of yourpersonal data for any purpose, you have the right to withdraw suchconsent at any time by contacting us by post at Customer Services, Kawasaki UK, 1 Dukes Meadow, Millboard Road, Bourne End, Bucks,SL8 5XF; by visiting www.kawasaki-permissions.co.uk; or by email toCustomerservices@kawasaki.co.uk;
- you can ask us to rectify any inaccuracies in the personal informationthat we hold about you;
- you may be able to request the erasure of personal information that wehold about you where there is no good reason for us to continueprocessing it, where you have successfully exercised your right to objectto processing, where we may have processed you informationunlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data tocomply with local law;
- you may be able to object to our processing of your personal datawhere we are relying on a legitimate interest (or that of a third party) andthere is something about your particular situation which makes you wantto object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on yourfundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to objectwhere we are processing your personal data for direct marketingpurposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compellinglegitimate grounds to process your information which override yourrights and freedoms;
- you can request us to restrict our processing of your personal data (a) ifyou want us to establish the data's accuracy; (b) where our use of thedata is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you needus to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it toestablish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected toour use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overridinglegitimate grounds to use it;
- you can request a copy of your personal data from us in a commonlyused and machine-readable format or that we transmit your personaldata to another data controller;
- you have the right not to be subject to automated decision-making,including profiling, which has legal or other significant effects on you;and
- you can access information held about you. You will not have to pay afee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights).However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearlyunfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse tocomply with your request in these circumstances.
- You can exercise any of the above rights at any time by contacting usby post at Customer Services, Kawasaki UK, 1 Dukes Meadow,Millboard Road, Bourne End, Bucks, SL8 5XF; by visitingwww.kawasaki-permissions.co.uk; or by email toCustomerservices@kawasaki.co.uk
If you want to know more about your rights please check this link:https://www.eugdpr.org
10. Whom should you contact if you have any questions or complaints?
- Questions, comments, requests and complaints regarding this privacypolicy or the use of your personal data should be addressed to KME bypost at Customer Services, Kawasaki UK, 1 Dukes Meadow, MillboardRoad, Bourne End, Bucks, SL8 5XF; by visiting www.kawasakipermissions.co.uk;or by email to Customerservices@kawasaki.co.uk;
You also have the right to make a complaint to the InformationCommissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protectionissues. Further information can be found at www.ico.org.uk.